Sheetal Kamat

Vaishali - A hotel on FC Road in Pune is very famous for this dish.. And ajoy being fequent visitor there i had additional pressure to make it as tastier as they make it.. And I was somewhat successful in it.. So here is the recipy.

SPDP - Shev Batata Dahi Puri
Ingredients
7 Papadi style Puris
1 spoon Tamarind Chutney
3/4 spoon Green Spicy Chutney
1 medium sized Potato
1/2 cup Curd
4 spoon Shev
1/2 spoon Corriander leaves
1/2 spoon Corriander powder
1/2 spoon Cumin powder
1/2 spoon Chaat masala
2 spoon Sugar
Salt to taste

Method
  • Cook potatoes in the cooker
  • Mix curd with sugar and a pinch of salt and keep aside
  • Remove the cover of the potato chop it into fine pieces
  • Mix salt, corriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala with these pieces
  • Arrange 7 puris on a plate and add these finely chopped potato pieces on top of it
  • Sprinkle green spicy chutney, then curd and then tamarind chutney on it
  • Spread shev on top of it and garnish with corriander leaves

Notes
This is an ideal item for the party where in you can keep everything ready and just prepare the dishes while serving

12 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    this will be one of my top three dishes. It was so very much like the Vaishali SPDP ... DAMN tussi great hoo. Every 2 weeks we need this now ! OK! Also you need to make it as a surprise dish when we reach pune on 16th Morning. We will take the ingredients to pune and then they will be in for a surprise !


  2. Anonymous said...

    Too good reciepe hai Sheetu...!! i am asking Tejal to make this for me ;)...! lekin dish ko dekh ke hi maja aa gaya :)


  3. Anonymous said...

    hi Sheetal, very nice recipee..I am from Singapore,I tried it and spdptasted very much like Vaishali :)


  4. sushil.. has tejal prepared this for you.. i have been cookin this almost once a week :) ajoy's demand.
    Anonymous, glad that you could get the taste of vaishali in singapore :)


  5. Anonymous said...

    A fine dish for weekend eves as I am fond of spdp prepared at home and never tried it at VAISHALI,
    Hope it is the same as per your Receipe.
    Regards,
    Sunil Hariyani
    Pune


  6. Sunil, Hope you like the recipe and it tastes good for you too. Thanks


  7. Wow!...This is Amazing... kudos to you Sheetal.. I'm writing a book on cooking. I love cooking and its my passion. I thought of posting some of my recipes in my blog... couldn't materialize it... came through this and its awesome. will try out something at my home and write back. I'd appreciate if you agree to contribute a lil to my book too :)....

    would be very grateful..

    Cheers,


  8. selva ganapathy, Thanks for such wonderful words of encouragement :) Do try some of the stuff and let me know how it turns out. Thanks again.


  9. Hi Sheetal,

    Tried your SPDP recipe yesterday.. It came out very well reminded me of Vaishali. I stayed at fergi hostel for 2 years so all the more sweet memories...

    Thanks for your recipie..

    V


  10. Thanks Vasu, Glad the recipe helped.


  11. Digihost said...

    Special cake available..Visit Cakeman.
    Cake Shops for Plum Cake in Pune


  12. geeta said...

    Hi, I am originally from pune but currently in USA from 5 yrs..spdp at vaishali is my favourite so yesterday googled and found your recipe..today tried it and it was super yummy..husband loved it too...thank u so much for easy recipe :*


Related Posts with Thumbnails