Sheetal Kamat

I made these kebabs on Saturday and I felt they were so much better than earlier version. Everyone was asking for recipe so here it is. (Note I had this in my drafts for 2 months and finally getting around to put it on the blog :))

Harabhara Kabab
Ingredients
6 Cup Muttor
2 Big Potatoes
1.5 Cup Paneer
3 Handful Spinach Leaves
2 Handful Coriander Leaves
1 Handful Pudina Leaves
3 Green Chillies
4 Garlic Cloves
2 Spoon Chaat Masala
1 Spoon Aamchur Powder
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Cup Cashews
Salt to taste
Oil

Method
  • Pressure cook potatoes and let them cool off. Peel off cover and mash them into big bowl.
  • Microwave 4 cups of muttor for 3 minutes.
  • Add the muttor and spinach leaves to mixie and grind to fine paste.
  • Add in coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic cloves and salt. Grind again to fine paste. Pour the paste into the bowl with potatoes
  • Add grated paneer, chaat masala, aamchur powder and breadcrumbs and mix well.
  • Microwave remaining 2 cup muttor for 2 minutes and add it to the bowl and mix well.
  • Make small balls, flatten them, press in a cashew and shallow fry the kebabs on medium heated tawa till dark brown on both sides

Notes
The mixture was little sticky when I used it immediately. But I had remaining paste stored in fridge and when I used it directly out of fridge it was easier to fry them without disturbing its shapes.
Also note that unlike other recipes where it yields product for around 4 people, I made this for party of around 12 people as starter.
I used fresh paneer. Boiled 1 liter of 2% reduced fat milk and adding one lemon's juice in it. Drained the mixture after milk curdled on a cloth and used it by crushing it into fine powder by hand.

3 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    these indeed were very softer and yummy


  2. Unknown said...

    Did you use frozen peas or fresh ones??


  3. yes I used frozen peas


Related Posts with Thumbnails