Since we came here, we weren't able to get the puris for making SPDP - Shev Batata Dahi Puri which is among favorite chaat items for Ajoy. Using paani puri's puri for SPDP doesn't seem right and I am sure it wouldn't taste as good either. So I decided to give try making these puris. Tried few times and now I think I have got the recipe right which gets best results, and is certified by many friends who had chance to taste :)
1 Cup Maida
2 Spoon Rawa
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Mix Maida, Rawa and salt together.
- Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Add in 1/4 cup water and knead soft dough.
- Grease the dough with 1/4 spoon oil and cover and keep aside for an hour.
- Make round balls and roll them thin and big. Cut using cup or cookie cutter into small round shapes.
- Heat oil and fry the puris on both sides over medium flame till light brown on both sides. Take out on kitchen towel and let it soak oil from puris.
- Heat oven to 350F/175C and bake the puris in it for 10 minutes.
I have noticed that if you roll the puris thin then they wont bubble up and that's how you want them for SPDP.
Also I baked the puris again because that make them crispier, that is any rawness and moisture left after frying goes away and puris.