Whenever we get bottle gourd, ajoy has this demand of Koftas and so yesterday was the day when I obliged and made it for him. Here is the recipe.
4 Cup Grated Bottle Gourd
1.5 Cup Bason
1/2 Spoon Garlic Paste
1 Spoon Jeera
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 Spoon Garam Masala
1/4 Spoon Aamchur Powder
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
Corriander Leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Apply salt to the grated bottle gourd and keep aside for few minutes.
- Squize out water from the bottle gourd and mix bason, 1/2 spoon jeera, 1/2 spoon red chilli powder, garam masala, aamchur powder
- Prepare lemon sized ball out of this mixture and deep fry them in oil over low-medium heat. Keep aside
- Heat little oil in a pan and let the jeera splutter.
- Add the finelly chopped onion and garlic paste and cook till golden brown
- Add turmeric powder, remaining red chilli powder, corriander powder and salt
- Add tomatoes and cook well. Add water and bring to boil. Once the tomatoes are cooked well keep the mixture aside to cool down a bit
- Put the mixture into the mixie and grind to fine paste
- In a pan add this grinded mixture, enough water to make running gravy and koftas and bring to boil
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve
I tried to keep the kofta spicy and gravy very less spicy so that one can enjoy koftas rather than gravy. You can vary it to your taste though