Ok this is in not purely veg but then its not completely non veg dish as well. :) I had read about nargisi kabab in book and saw few pics as well and since then i wanted to try out this. Few months back I had tried the non veg version which is normally mentioned all around. But today I decided to try my muttor pattice kind of experience with this kabab and came up with this..
1 spoon Corn flour
1 spoon Garam Masala
1/2 spoon Garlic paste
1/2 spoon Red Chilli powder
1/2 spoon Jeera powder
1/2 spoon Corriander powder
Salt to taste
- Hard boil the eggs, remove the cover and keep aside
- Boil the potatoes
- When potatoes are little warm, grate them
- Heat a spoon of oil and add garam masala, garlic paste, red chilli powder, jeera powder and corriander powder
- Add the grated potato and cook for a minute
- Once mixture becomes warm mix salt and corn flour and knead.
- Divide this mixture into 6 round balls
- Press each ball to form cup shape, insert the boiled egg in it and complete the cover all alround the egg
- Fry these balls in oil till golden brown, divide them in half and serve with sauce or pudina chutney
While kneading the mixture, apply oil to your hands so that mixture isn't sticky.
You can add grated cauliflower in the potato mixture. I am going to try it some time.