When I want to cook something quick and yet 'chatpat' that will make simple food delicious this is one thing that comes to my mind. One can eat it as it is or as a side dish with daal rice, in all combinations this tastes yummy :)
2 Raw Bananas
1 spoon Jeera
1 spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 spoon Jeera Powder
1/2 spoon Corriander Powder
1/4 spoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 spoon Castor Sugar
2 spoon Corriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Remove the cover from the bananas and cut them into medium sized pieces
- Heat oil/ghee and add jeera to it.
- Once jeera sputters, add the chopped bananas
- Add red chilli powder, jeera powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder and castor sugar
- Mix well and cook till bananas are cooked completely
- Add Salt and finely chopped corriander leaves for garnishing
You can add little amchur powder as well to this to give it more tangy taste.
Also just before removing the pan from stove adding a drop of ghee saves it from becoming too dry.