This preparation is almost same as amrakhand especially since the main ingredient is 'Chakka'
1/2 Ltr Milk
3/4 cup Sugar
A pinch of Safron
1 spoon Milk powder
A pinch of Cardamom Powder
A pinch of Cinnamon Powder
2 pinch of Orange Colour
- Warm the milk
- Mix it with the curd properly and keep it in warm place for 6-8 hours so that it forms sweet curd
- Take a thin cotton cloth and put the curd in it and hang it so that water is drained completely
- After 8-10 hours the curd will not have remains of water and you can untie the cloth and take the material(we call it chakka) into a vessel
- Mix it with sugar and keep for atleast two hours
- Warm 1/4 cup of water and mix the milk powder, safron, cinnamon and cardamom powder with it.
- Mix this mixture with 'Chakka'and strain through Puran Yantra
- Mix few almonds and pistachos with it
Keeping the sugar mixed with chakka for couple of hours lets it mix properly. Otherwide the curd might get sour and separate out from sugar.
You can use 1/4 cup milk instead of 2 spoon milk powder and water but since i was out of stock for milk when i actually started the process of staining it i used milk powder.