I had taken a short break (couple of weeks) as i wasn't feeling that enthusiasm to cook inside myself. After a Pune trip i did feel like cooking again :) And this was the break fast item i tried.. I had tried egg pattice earlier also but it had been really oily and had caused throat problem for both of us.. so i was little bit worried when i attempted it again but it really turned out well and so far no throat problems :D
1/2 cup Maida
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 spoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Make dough out of maida, wheat flour and salt to taste and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- Beat eggs and mix finely chopped onion, red chilli powder and salt
- Make small balls out of dough and roll small fulka type rotis
- Preapre sticking mixture by mixing little maida and water
- On each roti, add around a spoon for 2 full of mixture of egg and quickly close all four sides of the roti by folding and sticking the sides of the roti
- Fry on low heat on a pan
Ajoy suggested of having cut green chillies instead of red chilli powder for that extra punch, but since yesterday i had already cooked khichadi with too much of chilli i wanted to avoid it. But i guess it would taste better (i remember i had made it with green chillies earlier.
Earlier i had prepared the pattice by deep frying them in the pan but it had turned out too oily, especially because the egg mixture comes out from pattice and soaks too much of oil. So this time i tried it on tawa and it turned out less oily but then less crispier as well. I would like to try cooking it for some time on tawa till internal mixture is well set and then deep frying it in pan for crispier pattice.
I would also want to try to use grated boiled eggs mixted with chillies, salt, corriander leaves instead of egg mixture, but that would be completely different taste i suppose so might turn out to be some different recipe