This dish evolved after reading few recipies related to chaat in a book that mom has given me.
1/4 cup Maida
1/4 cup Rava
1/2 spoon Curd
Pinch of Baking Powder
2 Cup Corn
1 spoon Ginger Garlic paste
Pinch of Garam Masala
Salt to taste
- Mix rava, maida, baking powder and salt to taste
- Warm the curd and a spoon of oil
- Mix it with the rawa maida mixture and make the dough out of this.
- Roll small puris out of this dough - very thin ones and fry it in oil
- Heat oil and add 1/2 tomato grated, 1/2 onion grated and let it cook for a while
- Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala red chilli powder and salt to taste and stir well
- Add corn to this and cook the corns over medium heat
- Chop remaining onion and tomatoes into fine pieces
- While serving break the puris into medium sized pieces and spread them on the dish
- Spread the corn mixture on top of this
- Spread finely chopped onions and tomatoes over this
- Sprinkle few drops of lemon all over the dish
- Then spread corriander leaves and shev and serve
You can optionally add 1/2 spoon of grated raw mango as well in this. In that case reduce the lemon drop quantity accordingly otherwise chaat might turn too sour.
Optionally sprinkle little chaat masala over this if you like
After the rawa-maida dough is ready you can mix it in grinder for a while. This as well as warm Curd helps in making the puris very crispy.