Today when i wanted to cook something quick and yet something dellicious this was the option that came to my mind.
1 cup Muttor
2 spoon Corn Flour
1/4 Spoon Garlic paste
A pinch of Ginger paste
A pinch of Turmeric powder
1/4 spoon Red Chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Cook potatoes in the cooker
- When they are little warm, grate them
- Mix salt, corn flour in it and make dough out of it. Apply little oil when you are almost done with it
- Boil muttor for a while and drain the water
- Add the turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt to taste
- Make lemon sized ball out of the potato dough and press the ball with fingers to give it a shape of the cup
- Add a spoon of muttor mixture in the cup and close it to form little bigger ball. Gently press the ball to form flat round pattice
- Fry the pattice in the oil in a pan on medium heat
Oil should be really hot when you put the pattice in the oil as otherwise the potato mixture will stick to the pan.
You can make a lighter version of this by frying it on tawa by sprinkling oil all over instead of deep frying in a pan.