Earlier when I had tried preparing cookies it had turned out great but then instead of 10 small cookies it turned out into 1 large pizza size cookie. So today when I got it right, I am posting it here.
1 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2.5 Cup Maida
3/4 spoon Baking Powder
1/4 Spoon Salt
- Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar and egg well
- Sieve Maida, Baking powder and salt couple of times to get uniformly mixed flour
- Add this flour couple of spoons at a time in the butter-egg mixture to form stiff batter
- Chop the cadboury into small pieces and mix it in the batter
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Grease the tawa with butter and put the round shaped cookies from the batter onto it. Spread them around 2 inches apart
- Bake for 10 minutes at 250C
- Let the cookies cool down and then store in air tight container
The cookies spread little while baking so maintaining 2 inches distance between them is must. Otherwise, they will get mixed into each other.
Brown sugar gives the cookie light brown colour.