Earlier I have posted Quick Bharata recipy. This one tastes completely different from that one and has taste of Bharata that most of restaurants serve.
2 Big Brinjals
3-4 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Spoon Garlic paste
1/4 Spoon Turmeric powder
1 Spoon Red chilli powder
1/4 Spoon Garam Masala
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
A Pinch of Jeera Powder
Salt to taste
- Roast the Brinjal, Remove the cover and mash it to form fine paste
- In a pan heat oil and add finely chopped onions
- Once they are done, add garlic cloves, garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, corrainder powder and jeera powder.
- Mix the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are smashed and form the gravy
- Mix the smashed brinjal paste and salt to this and again cook for couple of minutes. The bharata is ready to serve
This bharata has little tangy and spicy taste, the garlic cloves and garlic paste gives it unique and nice flavour.