It was raining heavily over weekend and I couldnt resist the temptation to have hot bhajis while its raining. But the only sad part of it was when I actually started eating them, the rain had stopped for a while.
4 Spoon Bason
5 Spoon Corriander Leaves
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
Salt to taste
- Chop the onions into thin slices
- Apply Salt and Keep it for a while
- After 5-10 minutes, it will be watery and soft, add bason, red chilli powder, finely chopped corriander leaves, corriander powder and a spoon of hot oil.
- Make paste out of it by adding little water if needed
- Heat oil and fry small portions of this mixture to golden brown colour
Bhajis are called Crab Style (खेकडा भजी) because it takes shapes because of onion slices.
Keeping the salted onions for a while helps using the water that comes because of salt. Otherwise the paste might get thinner.