This weekend when I went Anghethi, I saw chefs preparing kababs there and couldnt resist myself. And then i worked hard to go to grocerry shop and get the paneer, prepare this kabab.
200gm Paneer Slab
1/2 Cup Curd
1/4 Spoon Ginger Paste
1/4 Spoon Garlic Paste
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Spoon Jeera Powder
1 Spoon Chaat Masala
2 Spoon Tandoori Masala
Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer to get the cubes
- Mix curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, jeera powder, chaat masala, tandoori masala and salt to taste to form the marination
- Marrinate the paneer cubes with this mixture and keep it in fridge for couple of hours
- Cut the tomato and capsicum - remove the inner items and cut them to get the rectangular shapes
- Sprinkle salt and little chaat masala on them
- On a grilling stick arrange the capsicum pieces, paneer pieces and tomato pieces
- Melt the butter and pour it over these pieces all over
- Grill them till golden brown, I had to do it for around 30 min
Grilled one tastes nice but somewhere I read about frying the panner, capsicum and tomatoes separately and then arranging them on a tooth pin. People who donot have grilling option in microwave can try. I am going to try this too.
Also the aunty downstairs - our landlady, puts the Charcols in the earthen vessels and cook the kababs over it. I am going to try this as well because whatever aunty made tasted more aunthentic than this grilling thing.