We bought Mulis for the first time at our house in hyderabad :) We both don't like muli at all.. So there was no way we could take it as vegetable.. So I ended up cooking parathas :)
7 Spoonful Heaps of Wheat Flour
3-4 Green Chillies
1 spoon Ginger Garlic paste
A pinch of Red Chilli powder
1 spoon Corriander powder
Handfull of Corriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Add a little oil in wheat flour and knead well to prepare the dough. Keep aside for half an hour
- Grate the mulis
- Heat little oil in a pan
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies (finely chopped), corriander powder, red chilli powder to it
- Add the grated mulis and fry till mixture is golden brown
- Add finely chopped corriander leaves and salt to taste and keep aside.
- Make small balls out of this muli mixture
- From the kneaded dough, take the dough that one normally takes for roti, roll it to puri size.
- Add the muli ball on top of it and fold all sides of the puri to make a square shape
- Roll the parathas delicately maintaining the square shape and fry with ghee on tawa
Add very very little oil while frying muli mixture as otherwise the mixture will turn out too oily.
Also just for a change i prepared the parathas of square shape. one can always stuff the ball of muli inside dough and prepare the parathas like one prepares aalu paratha