This time when we went out for vegetable shopping, we got hold of raw jackfruit. So this was the vegetable i tried out.
1 Raw Jack fruit
4 spoon Groundnut powder
2 Green Chillies
1/2 spoon Red chilli powder
1/2 spoon Turmeric powder
1 spoon Jaggery
1 spoon Mustard
Salt to taste
- Remove the cover of the jack fruit and the innermost portion which is thick and solid.
- Cut remaining portion with seeds into fine pieces
- Heat little oil in a pan and add mustard. Let the seeds sputter
- Add turmeric powder, green chillies and mix well
- Add the finely chopped jack fruit pieces to it and stir well. Cook for around 3-4 minutes
- Add around 2 cups of water and cook with lid till the jackfruit cooks well. If required add more water in between
- Once the vegetable is done, add jaggery, red chilli powder, salt, groundnut powder, grated coconut and mix well
Apply oil to hands and to knife before cutting jackfruit as it has lot of sticky material.