Since long time ajoy had been asking for bhendi deep fry. Not the vegetable and now he took one more step ahead to get the bhendi that was tender and nice when he was suppose to go and get Curry Leaves :) So I thought lets grant his wish but instead of just frying bhendi pieces lets give it some extra taste by stuffing it. And here is what i came up with and it was lovely.
1/4 Kg Bhendi(Lady's Finger)
1/2 Spoon Garlic Paste
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
Salt to taste
- Wash bhendis and pat dry by tissue.
- Remove the head and tail for the bhendis and give them a slits.
- Apply salt and keep aside.
- In a pan heat little oil and let jeera splutter in it
- Add grated onion to this and cook till onion turns golden in colour
- Add garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, corriander powder to it and stir well.
- Add grated tomato to this and salt to taste and cook for 4-5 minutes till mixture is cooked well. Keep aside for cooling down
- Stuff this little mixture to bhendis one by one
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the stuffed bhendis on medium heat.
Giving slits that do not slit the ends is the best way so that while frying bhendi doesnt open up.
For best results, fry only from the opposite side of stuffing and also arrange the bhendis in a row so that they dont turn the direction while frying. Once the side is cooked completely, just turn them for a minute max and take out to the tissue.