This one is prepared using the remaining water from the daal that is used to cook the Puran and puran itself. The aamati is sweet and sour in taste and goes amazingly well with the puran poli.
2 Cup Water from Cooked Chana Daal
1/2 Cup Puran
1/2 Cup Jaggery
2 Spoon Tamarind
1 Spoon Corriander Seeds
1 Spoon Jeera
1/2 Spoon Mustard
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
4 Spoon Grated Coconut
15 Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat a spoonfull of the oil and add corriander seeds and jeera.
- Add grated coconut and fry the mixture till golden in colour.
- In a mixie, add this coconut mixture along with tamarind. And grind to smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat another half spoon of oil and let mustard splutter in it.
- Add curry leaves and fry for a minute
- Add the tamarind - coconut paste and fry for another minute
- Add the red chilli powder and saute for another minute.
- Add daal water, puran and jaggery. If needed add more water if it lookss thick.
- Add salt to taste and bring it to boil. Serve the sweet and sour curry with puran polis
You can use normal water if you do not have cooked daal water left over.
For preparing puran refer to Puran Poli recipe.