I love chinese and its been ages since I had it outside. Yeah we had gone for it couple of weeks back but whatever we had ordered wasnt upto the mark and hence didnot count :) Hence yesterday I thought lets give it a shot at home. I have earlier tried these stuff at home as well, but then the taste wasnt authentic. But yesterday I can say I mastered it. So here is the recipe for you.
15 Garlic Cloves
A Pinch of Black Pepper Powder
2 Spoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Spoon Tomato Ketchup
1 Spoon Corn Flour
2-3 Strands of Spring Onion
Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into medium sized cubes and fry them in oil over medium heat till light gold in color. Keep aside
- In same oil fry onions till translucent.
- Add chopped chillies and garlic and cook till fragranant
- Add black pepper powder and Soy sauce and cook for a minute
- Add paneer cubes and tomato ketchup. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix corn flour in a cup of water and add it to the paneer mixture.
- Add more water if needed and cook the paneer with closed lid for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve
Chop the green chillies in slanted fashion for this so that you get the same look and feel that you see in restaurants.
Do not fry paneer till its completely crispy from outside. You want to keep it as soft as possible and yet fry it so that it gets the proper texture.
Also if you are looking for it as starter which is dry, add little less water and cook for some more time if required so that the final result is dry :)