This is another dish to make ajoy eat palak apart from palak puri. I make it frequently but never thought of posting the recipe. But this time since ajoy suggested of same, I am posting it here.
5 Spoon Cream
1/4 Spoon Corn Flour
1/2 Spoon Garlic Paste
1/4 Spoon Ginger Paste
1/4 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/2 Spoon Corriander Powder
1/4 Spoon Kasuri Methi
Salt to taste
- Boil around 4-5 cups of water and keep spinach leaves in it for couple of minutes.
- Drain the water and grind the leaves in mixie and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and let jeera splutter in it.
- Add ginger and galic paste, turmeric powder followed by finely chopped tomatoes
- Saute for a while and add red chilli powder, corriander powder, jeera powder and kasuri methi
- Cook on low flame till tomatoes are completely done.
- Grind this tomatoe gravy along with palak paste prepared earlier adding enough water.
- Boil this mixture and add the paneer cubes in it. Cook till paneer is completely cooked.
- Add cream to this mixture.
- Mix corn flour with 4 spoon of water and add it to the boiling palak paneer and its ready to serve
Adding cream and corn flour gives the thickness to the gravy. I didnt add only cream because then there wont be palak taste left in the gravy and only corn flour because then it would turn gravy very bland. Adding both gives the right flavour and thickness to the gravy