I had been making these type of pancakes quite often lately.. Each time with different fruit. But today when I made it with dried cranberries (craisins) it was like this batter is meant for it. So here i am posting it.
2 Cup Maida
1 Spoon Sugar
1.5 Spoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
2.5 Cup Milk
2 Spoon Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Craisins
Salt to taste
- Beat the egg with sugar till foamy
- Add in milk, melted butter and blend in well.
- Add in vanilla essence, sifted maida, baking powder and salt to taste and blend it well
- Heat the pan on low heat.
- Sprinkle some oil and then drop half up of batter at a time on the pan.
- Thrown in some craisins evenly around and cook till the bottom side is light brown.
- Sprinkle couple of drops of oil on top of the pan cakes and then flip them. Cook till the bottom turns light brown.
- Stack them and serve with the maple syrup
I have tried using apricots, blueberries, raisins and many more other fruits instead of craisins but as I said we liked craisins the best in these pan cakes.