When I came to US there were so many new ingredients that were easily available that I decided to try something different than I have always tried :) So here was my experiment with the first salad. I would name it Green Salad for I used Green Leaf Lettuce :)
10 leaves of Green Leaf Lettuce
1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Corn
10 Cucumber Pickels
1/2 Spoon Oregano
2.5 Spoon Ranch Dressing
Salt to taste
- Cook the corn in boiling water or microwave in a cup of water for 5 min. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Cut the green leaf lettuce into medium sized pieces
- Halve the grape tomatoes and add them to leaf lettuce.
- Add Pineapple after chopping it to small pieces
- Halve cucumber pickle and add to it
- Add chooped jalapenos and corn that was set aside.
- Add Ranch Dressing, Oregano and Salt. Mix well and serve.
This was something quick, healthy and yet tasty. The ranch dressing and oregano went well together :) Need to try some other fruits, vegetables and dressings. :)