I have started to enjoy salads so much that every week i almost crave for one if i dont eat one. So here is a simple butter garlic garden salad with prawns that i made that tasted awesome.
8 Large Prawns
2 Cup Broccoli
2 Cup Green Beans
1 Cup Sweet Corn
3 Cup Iceburg Lettuce
1 Cup Sweet Bell Pepper Sliced
1/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
6 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Spoon Oregano
1/2 Spoon Black Pepper Powdered
Mozzarella Cheese for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Heat pan and add in broccoli and green beans with some butter. Cook till they are smoky in color. Mix in salt to taste and keep aside.
- In same pan add in sweet bell pepper and some more butter and cook it for a while.
- When pepper seems almost done add in sliced onion, salt to taste and cook till onions turn light brown.
- Mix it with green beans and broccoli and keep aside.
- In same pan add in prawns and garlic diced coarsely and some butter and cook them turning often on low-medium heat till prawns are done. Mix in salt and keep aside
- Microwave sweet corn for two minutes and keep aside
- Divide the lettuce into two bowls.
- Add in half mixture of green beans, brocolli, pepper and onions in each bowl.
- Add in diced avocado half in each bowl.
- Add in prawns and garlic dividing half in each
- Add in cherry tomatoes and corn half in each bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, black pepper powder and oregano half in quantity on each bowls contents evenly.
- Garnish it with shredded mozzarella cheese
I used Lemon as the dressing instead of ranch or anything else. If you like you can add ranch or other dressing that you like. But i thought the salad tasted awesome just with natural flavours from lemon.
Except prawns i cooked everything else on high flame giving it a crunchy texture. For prawns i added them on high heat and then reduced the heat so that i could give them smoky taste and color yet cook them nicely.