Recently i started watching food network and some programs are really good.. One of them is Cup cake wars.. I was amazed at how people come up with their own recipe and create those beautiful cupcakes. So here i my share of mix and match inspired cup cake.
4 Cup Maida
3 Cup Dates
2 Cup Milk
1 Cup Butter
2 Cup Cream
1 Cup Icing Sugar
1.5 Cup Sugar
1 Spoon Baking Powder
1/4 Spoon Baking Soda
Salt to taste
- Grind a cup of dates in with the milk to form smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Whip sugar and butter using hand mixer till mixture is smooth and fluffy
- Add eggs and blend well to get smooth mixture.
- Sieve Maida, Baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add it to the butter, sugar - egg mixture in portions alternating with milk-date mixture, beating well with each addition.
- Add in remaining 2 cups of dates - chopped and a lemon's peel grated and as well as its juice. Mix lightly till combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Line the cupcake pan with the cupcake paper cups and fill each of them to 2/3rd with the cake batter
- Bake the cakes at 350F/180C for 25 minutes. Keep aside to cool down completely.
- Add cream in a bowl and mix it with the icing sugar.
- Whip it using hand mixer on low speed till the cream becomes fluffy and stiff
- Scoop it on each cup cake or decorate using piping bag. Garnish with grated lemon peels.
I created a cone that i made from the parchment paper and piped the icing on top of few cakes and scooped the icing on others. So making cone is alternate to using piping bag :)
While whipping the cream its better to use hand mixer as its easy, fast and reliable. :)