The Inchin bamboo garden here serves this dish and its Ajoy's favorite. Of course it was Milind who introduced us to this dish given his liking for Okra. I wanted to try this out when he was staying with us but somehow it just remained a wish. Today finally I try this and I am glad I did. The dish turned out very nice. Worth making it multiple times.
5 Cups Okra
4 Spoon Maida
4 Spoon Corn Flour
1 Green Chili
3 Dried Red Chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
2.5 Spoon Soy Sauce
1/2 Spoon Red Chili Powder
1/4 Spoon Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
- Mix in Maida, corn flour, red chili powder, garlic paste and salt to taste toegether.
- Add in water and make a running consistency batter for pakodas.
- Add in handful of okras in the batter and take them out into hot oil. Fry them in oil on medium - high heat till the okras are golden in color. Keep aside on tissues to drain the oil. Fry all of the okra pieces similarly.
- Heat couple spoon of oil and add thinly sliced onion, green chili and garlic cloves. Saute till it turns light brown in color
- Add in dried red chillies crushing them by hand, soya sauce and saute.
- Add in fried okras and stir. Serve immediately
If you are going to serve this to guests, it would be good idea to keep fried okra ready but saute them in the sauce only just before serving that would help in keeping the crunchy, crispiness of the okra.