This Spicy daal was something I just experimented out when I was in pune. It turned out great. Actually mom dad loved it and then when I came here even ajoy liked it :) So thought of posting the recipe
3 Cup Tur Daal
6-7 Garlic cloves
1/4 Spoon Mustard
1/4 Spoon Jeera
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/2 Spoon Corriander Powder
1/4 Spoon Garam Masala
Corriander Leaves for Garnishing
Salt to taste
- Cook tur daal with 1 cup water in the cooker.
- Heat the oil and let the mustard and jeera splutter in it
- Add finely chopped onions, garlic pieces and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, corriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add tomato and cook till tomato is completely done.
- Add in cooked tur daal, salt and mix well. Cook for couple of minutes with constant stirring
- Add enough water for getting desired consistency to the daal and bring it to the boil.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- While serving serve with little butter cubes on top.
While cooking daal I dont mix too much of water, that way the cooked daal when added to masala completely soaks the taste and aroma.