I was very inclined to prepare the burger at home but didnt want to try any meat burger. So thought of preparing paneer one. But then the indian grocerry store was little far from my place so thought to try it on tofu. The burger turned out quite well and the mildness of tofu vanished in the spcies and other things that I added.
4 Burger Buns
1 Fresh Red Chilli
4 Cheese Slices
1/2 Cup Lettuce
Salt and Pepper
- Cut the Tofu into cubes
- Heat oil and keep the flame on low.
- Add tofu pieces and cook till light brown in colour.
- Add onion slices, red chilli into it and cook till onions are slight brown in colour
- Add salt and pepper and stir well. Divide the mixture into 4 portions
- On each bun keep the cheese slice and add the portion of the cooked tofu mixture.
- Spread the lettuce, tomato Slice, couple of drops of tomato ketchup and one circle of the ranch dressing.
- Close with the upper portion of the bun and serve.
I cooked tofu on very light heat which helped me keep it soft. The Spicy Chilli, ranch dressing helped in supressing the mildness of Tofu.