I had been having lots of vegetables in the freeze for quite some time. So today when we planned for quick lunch before heading out to cycling, how to quick something nice and yet something quick. Indo-chinese being my favorite cuisine I came up with this.
Handful of Ladies Fingers
Handful of Eggplant pieces
Handful of Cabbage
1 Cup Beans
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Spoon Garlic Paste
1/4 Spoon Ginger Paste
5 Spoon Soya Sauce
1 Spoon Ketchup
2 Spoon Corn Flour
- Fry Ladies fingers in the oil and keep aside
- In a pan heat oil and add onions. Fry them till translucent
- Add in garlic cloves, chopped to fine pieces, eggplant pieces, beans, Pepper chopped, cabbage and cook them with constant stirring till the vegetables are cooked well.
- Add in fried ladies fingers, garlic and ginger paste and Lemon juice and stir again
- Add ketchup and soya sauce and stir for couple of minutes
- Mix corn flour with 6 cup of water and add in the vegetables. Cook till gravy thickens
- Add in salt and spring onions and stir for a minute. Serve with rice or noodles
To give it a little tangy taste, I used lemon but if you are not big on tangerines then you can just skip it. You cna also substitute lemon by a spoonful of Vinegar if you don't have lemon in stock.
I also wished I had some baby-corns and brocollies to add the taste, but never mind, there is always next time :)