Ajoy loves cauliflower so we end up eating it every week at least once. So I keep trying variety of preparations instead of sticking to the usual one. So today I decided to make a gingery flower. To reduce the spiciness and pungent taste of the ginger I decided to use sweet corn. The recipe came out pretty well and here it is.
2 Cup Corn
1 Spoon Grated Ginger
3/4 Spoon Red Chili Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 Spoon Coriander Powder
- Heat oil to high and fry the medium sized flower florets in it till light brown. Keep aside
- In a pan heat spoon full of oil and add onion. Fry till translucent.
- Add grated ginger and fry for another minute
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry for a minute or two.
- Add mashed tomato in it. Cook for couple of minutes.
- Add sweet corn, salt to taste and cook for 5-6 minutes till mixture dries up a little.
- Add fried flower florets and mix up gently so that masala coats the flower
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Dont wait for the florets to be dark in color, after taking out from the oil they darken up a little.