We had got lot of plums from Costco but they weren't ripe ones. So I had been thinking of making a cake using them for quite a few days. Finally today I got some time to experiment with it thought the plums were ripe now. I made it in heart shape in honor of today's Valentines day.
1 Cup Butter
1.5 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Maida
1 Cup Hazelnuts
1 Cup Walnuts
1 Cup Groundnuts
1/2 Spoon Baking Powder
2 Spoon Lemon Juice
4 Spoon Powdered Sugar
2 Spoon Almonds
- Grind hazelnuts to powder
- In a bowl, beat in sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add a egg to the butter and beat well
- Then add in 1/3rd of hazelnut powder and beat well.
- Continue adding remaining eggs one at a time alternating with hazelnut powder and beat well
- Add in walnuts and peanuts and mix well.
- Sieve maida and baking powder together and add in to the above mixture. Mix well.
- Grease a pan and add in the batter
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Bake the cake at 350F/180C for 45 minutes
- Take out the cake out of oven and arrange in halved plums(without seeds) over the top
- Bake again at 350F/180C for 10 minutes. Take out and let it cool down
- In a small pan mix lemon juice with powdered sugar and let it simmer till thickened
- Pour it over the cake, garnish with finely chopped almonds.
Alternately you can use marmalade jam if you have. I wanted to use that for the glazing but since I didn't have it I made lemon, sugar mixture.