Today we were to meet Kapil and Shrinkhla for dinner but by the time we reached home everybody was almost full. So we decided to eat something at home instead. Thats when my mind started working on what I should make. I had a mango (raw) from mayuri that i had got last week. I cut it and saw that it was too sour so thought of making salad from it and started making hariyali paneer side by side. But as time progressed on the spot i changed my mind and made hariyali mango paneer instead. Turned out very nice.
3 Cup Coriander Leaves
1/2 Cup Pudina Leaves
1 Raw Mango
2 Cup Paneer Pieces
1 Green Chili
1 Spoon Garlic Cloves
1/2 Spoon Garam Masala
1 Spoon Red Chili Powder
1 Spoon Coriander Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Spoon Jeera Powder
Salt to taste
- Add a cup of water to coriander leaves, pudina leaves and green chili and grind in mixie.
- In hot oil, fry paneer pieces to light brown edges and keep aside
- In same oil, add chopped onion pieces, garlic and fry till light brown
- Add in mango pieces and ground coriander-pudina-green chillies mixture and cook till the water evaporates and gravy thickens.
- Add in turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder, jeera powder and coriander powder and stir.
- Add in fried paneer pieces and salt to taste and cook for couple of more minutes.
The mango that I used wasn't too raw not too ripe. So it worked perfectly giving the light sourness. If using raw sour mango make sure to reduce the quantity of mango pieces accordingly.