We had this for the first time at sush's place when Tejal had gone to work and we three were looking out for something interesting to eat. Ajoy had liked it instantly. I had wondered that it might be easy to make it using puff pastry sheet then. We came to know that costco here doesnt bake these, so I got all the more reason to make them at home. I quickly confirmed my theory and baked them today.
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
1 Cup Sugar
- Unfold the puff pastry on a sugar dusted kitchen top.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the pastry sheet. Roll it lightly till the sugar sticks to the pastry sheet
- Fold both sides of the pastry sheet till mid ways and then fold it in middle.
- Keep it in refrigerater for 30-40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C, grease the baking tawas
- Cut the pastry sheets into smaller slices if the rolled pastry perpendicular to folds.
- Dip each slice's cut sides into the sugar and arrange it on baking tawa with cut side facing up.
- Bake in oven over 400F/200C for 18 minutes and then take it out.
Thaw the puff pastry sheet for 35-40 minutes but not more because otherwise it might become unmanageable.
I wanted to put the parchment paper on the tawas so that my tawas dont get messy after taking out the palmiers but i didn't have one. But using it would be better on tawas i think.