The day I got dabeli masala from India, i had been meaning to try something like this.. I thought it might be nice change to normal aalu paratha or aalu sabji. Finally today when i had no other vegetable at home i decided to try this one.. Came out really well.
10 Spoon Wheat Flour
1/2 Spoon Kachhi Dabeli Masala
1/4 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Tamarind
1 Spoon Peanut Powder
1/2 Spoon Raisins
Handful of Corriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Mix in wheat flour, salt and a spoon of oil.
- Mix water and knead dough for paratha. Keep aside
- Pressure cook the potato and let it cool down
- Soak tamarind in 2 spoon of water.
- Grate the potato and mix it with dabeli masala, red chilli powder, peanut powder, tamarind water and salt to taste
- Add in chopped corriander leaves and raisins.
- Make 5 balls out of wheat dough and 5 balls from the potato mixture.
- Make a cup shape from wheat ball and stuff in potato ball. Close the wheat cover completely.
- Roll the parathas and cook on tawa til well done on both sides.
Make sure to cook potatoes really well so that they are soft and can be mashed to the paste.