Sheetal Kamat

Nutty Rice was what I had on one of my bday in Taj, Bangalore. It tasted awesome and both myself and ajoy just loved it. When I was eating it I decided that I am surely going to try and make this. And guess what first attempt itself was upto the taste. Its very easy and tempting recipe one can impress guests with.

Nutty Rice
Ingredients
2 cups of cooked rice
4 spoon cooked corn
2 spoon groundnuts
2 spoon cashews
4 green chillies
1 spoon raisins
1/2 spoon jeera
2 spoon ghee
Salt to taste

Method
  • Heat ghee in a pan
  • Add jeera and let it sputter
  • Add cashews, groundnuts and raisins
  • Once nuts turn light brown add chillies
  • Wait for nuts to turn dark brown and then add cooked rice, corn and salt
  • Mix it well and cook for 3-5 minutes

Notes
You can use 4-5 curry leaves as well if you like.
Using long grain rice like basamati gives nice aroma to the dish

3 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    those kajus are for me :)


  2. Anonymous said...

    Tried this today. Came out really well. Aditya loved it :) Thanks for the recipe...

    Anuja


  3. @anuja, glad it came out nice. Its one of my fallback dinner item :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails