This time when I got fresh cauliflower in Fresh i decided to try out this recipe.. It turned out really nice and different flavour..
6 spoon heaps wheat flour
1 small onion
1 spoon jeera
1 spoon red chilli powder
1/4 spoon turmeric powder
1 spoon amchur powder
- Make dough just like we prepare normal rotis
- Grate the cauliflower and onion
- Mix it with salt and keep it aside for 10-15 min
- Mixture would be watery, separate water from the mixture
- Mix jeera, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder to form the filling
- Make round balls of dough and press and form cup kind of shape
- Add filling to the cups and close them to form ball
- Roll parathas out of it
- Fry on low flame on tawa with abdundant ghee/oil
If the flower is not fresh you might want to cook the filling in a pan on heat, but fresh flower gets cooked well if paratha is fried on low flame.
You might want to add one cooked and grated potato to the mixture to get alu gobi paratha.
I fried paratha on one side with oil and one side with ghee, that gives nice aroma and taste