It was Ganesh Jayanti Last week and I had decided to cook modaks that day.. But it happened that i changed my mind and went to pune to surprise in-laws and parents.. So decided let me try my hand on this today.
1 cup grated coconut
3/4 cup jaggery
1.5 cup water
1 cup rice powder
- Heat pan and add grated coconut and jaggery
- After around 5-7 minutes the jaggery would dessolve into the cocunut and form our filling for the modak.
- Heat water in the pot
- Once water is almost boiling add little oil and salt to it
- After water boils completely add rice powder and mix well
- Take out the mixture from the stove and mix it well to form uniform dough
- Make small balls of this dough and flatten them
- Add the mixture and pack the ball giving it little plates at top to form modak shape
- To cook modak keep a vessel with water on the stove, on top of it put the vessel which has holes grease it and put the modaks on it
- Cook the modaks by covering them with small cloth or a plate for about 7-10 minutes
Its a coconut item and doesn't stay good for long, so consume these in a day