Sheetal Kamat

Yesterday I was looking for cake recipe so that I can bake a cake to take into my cake decoration class. First I thought I will bake some simple quick cake and get done with it, but as I approached kitchen I couldn't resist but look into my recipe book for some instant reference to cook something different. I liked a peanut butter recipe in there but because I didn't have peanut butter I decided to give it twist and make my own version of cake. It was delicious and even smelling so good that it was huge hit in my decoration class as well.

Nutty Butterscotch Chocolate Cake
Ingredients
4 Cup Maida
2.5 Cup Butter
1 Cup Hazelnuts
1 Cup Almonds
1.5 Cup Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
2 Cup Butterscotch Chocochips
2 Spoon Baking Powder

Method
  • Preheat oven to 350F/180C
  • Grind hazelnuts and almonds to fine powder and keep it aside.
  • Cream butter and sugar together till fluffy.
  • Add in hazelnut-almonds powder and whisk again.
  • Add in each egg one at a time and beat well after each addition
  • Sieve maida and baking powder couple of times. Add salt to taste.
  • Add maida-baking powder mixture alternating with milk slowly into the egg-butter-sugar mixture and fold in carefully.
  • Microwave chocochips for 1 minutes and stir well to get molten chocolate. Fold it in the batter lightly
  • Grease the pan and line it with parchment paper. Grease the paper as well. Pour the batter in the cake till half full.
  • Bake the cake in oven on 350F/180C for 40 minutes
  • Decorate with icing or serve as it is.
Notes
I used two 8 inch round tins to bake the cake but after baking I thought I should have used one 8 inch and one 6 inch instead to get perfect rise in both the cakes.
I iced one cake with butter icing as part of my cake decorating classes and we ate another cake as it is. Both taste awesome, but I would use dark chocolate or less sugar if I am going to ice the cake next time.
Recently I came to know that preheating oven at least 15 minutes in advance helps to get oven to heat uniformly even hot so I tried this time and results were superb, the cake rose from all sides and there was literally no bump.
5 comments:
  1. Khaugiri said...

    A festive gift for you on My blog :-)


  2. Thanks a lot for award.
    Make a post very soon.


  3. This blog is very helpful and informative for this particular topic. I appreciate your effort that has been taken to write this blog for us.
    Best Chocolate Making Classes in Mumbai


  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Thank you for the Nutty Butterscotch Chocolate Cake recipe. If you are looking for more baking classes in Mumbai then You should visit Mahek’s Atelier. They offer an intensive course in Baking and cooking classes online as well as offline.


Related Posts with Thumbnails