When I got Ice-cream maker recently, i was confused whether to make sorbets first or fresh mango ice-cream.. Both being my equally favorite icy treats.. Well mango won the battle since i had the ingredients easily available. But today when I went to Costco, i made sure to buy lots of strawberries to make this one. I am glad I did.. Its tasting yummy and definitely helping in beating this heat..
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- Dice the strawberries into four pieces or more if bigger in size and add in the bowl.
- Add in sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Keep in refrigerator overnight
- Next morning, add in corn syrup and pulse the mixture in the mixie.
- Add the mixture to the ice-cream maker and start the machine
- After around 30 minutes, take out and store in container for 2-3 hours. Serve as it is or with mint leaves.
I didnt grind the mixture but instead pulse it so that when eating the sorbet i could have smaller pieces once in a while in the mouth. It did wonders.
You could chill the mixture for an hour or two as well instead of overnight.