Sheetal Kamat

Its been a while since I learnt about this cake and was so much facinated by the concept.. I also researched that this is the easiest and quickest dessert to make.. The only issue I had was I didnt have Ramekins to bake this in and neither did I have the paper cups to go in cup cake pan. Finally today I made up my mind to buy ramekins and make this. I am glad I did.. Totally worth it..

Molten Lava Cake
Ingredients
1 Cup Maida
1.25 Cup Semi Sweet Choco-chips
1 Cup Butter
5 Spoon Coco Powder
3 Eggs
3 Egg Yolks
2 Cup Sugar

Method
  • Grease the ramekins liberally and keep aside.
  • Preheat oven to 450F/230C
  • Microwave butter and chocochips together for one minute.
  • Stir well to get nicely blended choco-butter mixture. Keep aside
  • Whisk eggs, egg yolks together till blended well within
  • Add in sugar and whisk till creamy, fluffy and thick mixture forms.
  • Add in the melted chocolate-butter mixture to it and whisk.
  • Sieve in maida and coco-powder. Fold lightly till everything accomodates.
  • Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins
  • Put ramekins in a baking tray and bake in oven at 450F/230C for 13 minutes so that the sides are cooked.
  • Immediately after taking out from oven flip the cakes into plate and serve.

Notes
Alternate method is to use the paper cups inside the cup cake pan - little extra in height so that you can pull it out and flip it in the plate.
To flip the cake into the plate put the ramekin on a plate. Flip another plate on top of it. Holding both the plates flip the ramekin into the just placed plate. This helps since ramekins would be really hot when you take out the cakes into the plates.

0 comments:
Related Posts with Thumbnails