Sheetal Kamat

Rava dosa made into my favorite list the day I ate it opposite my college back in pune. The crispiness of the dosa along with the cashews spread on it made it so much more enjoyable. So when I saw my mom preparing it when I was in India in December and learnt that its so quick and simple, I had been meaning to make it like a long time. Today on Sunday I thought it would be a perfect way to make a tasty brunch that requires minimal efforts.

Rava Dosa
Ingredients
1 Cup Rava
1 Cup Rice Powder
1/4 Cup Maida
1/2 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Asafoetida
Finely chopped Roasted Cashews
2 Green Chillies
Salt to taste
Ghee

Method
  • Mix rava, rice powder, maida, finely chopped green chillies, jeera, asafoetida with salt.
  • Add in lots of water to make a thin batter.
  • Keep aside for 20 minutes
  • Add in more water so that it is thin consistency
  • Heat tawa on medium flame
  • Grease tawa with Ghee and pour the 1/2 cup batter at a time spreading it over the tawa.
  • Let it cook till the dosa gets light brown color.
  • Sprinkle couple of drops of ghee and flip the dosa and let the other side be cooked
  • Sprinkle some cashews and fold on either side and serve.

Notes
When I tried making it I didnt let the batter sit for those 20 minutes, because of which the batter kept on thickening - blaming it to the Rava. It made first two dosas thick and soggy. So I strongly suggest letting the batter sit for 20-30 minutes.
To spread the batter on the tawa I dropped the batter on tawa from a bit of distance and slowly over areas that didnt have batter, letting it form the mesh and yet avoiding forming layers, hence keeping it thin.

6 comments:
  1. Karunya said...

    This rava dosa image looks so tempting. I have tried rava dosas in the past. However, it never turns out crispy :-(
    Will give your recipe a try soon. Thanks for sharing :-)


  2. Jayashree said...

    I love Rava Dosa. Thank you for the receipe. It takes very less time to prepare compared to other Dosas. It looks so tempting.. Will prepare it soon at home...


  3. hey rava dosa looks so crispy and tasty..yummy..


  4. @karunya, @Jayashree, @Deepa
    Thanks.


  5. Unknown said...

    hi
    I liked all your recipe, its really awesome



Related Posts with Thumbnails