Sheetal Kamat

Just few weeks back I had got lots of choco-chips and Peacans from the costco. Thinking I could bake some cakes, muffins. So today when payesh that I made last week was getting over, I thought it would be nice to make these brownies for dessert hoping they would last for week.. But frankly, they have turned out so well, I wonder if they are going to last even till monday :) We already have had 2 pieces each :)

Dates Peacan Chocolaty Brownies
Ingredients
80g Dark Chocolate bar
1.5 Cup semi sweet choco-chips
3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1.5 Cup Maida
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Dates
1 Cup Peacans
3 Eggs
1 Spoon Vanilla Essence
Salt to taste

Method
  • In a glass bowl, add dark chocolate, 1/2 cup semi sweet choco-chips and butter and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well.
  • Microwave for 30 more seconds and stir well. Keep aside.
  • Sieve maida couple of times and set aside.
  • Preheat oven to 375F/190C
  • In a big bowl add eggs, powdered sugar, vanilla essence. Beat for 5 minutes.
  • Add in above made chocolate paste, maida and salt to taste. Mix lightly, just enough to make it consistent paste.
  • Add in remaining 1 cup of chocochips, dates and peacans chopped. Again mix it lightly.
  • Grease a pan and pour in batter into it. Bake the brownies at 375F/190C for 35 minutes.
  • Serve with ice-cream, topped with chocolate sauce and some nuts chopped finely.

Notes
I normally microwave chocolate to melt it - works wonders :D, but if you don't have microwave, you can boil water in a pan and keep a bigger bowl on top of it with chocolate and melt it over low heat. Be careful not to over heat the chocolate or it would spoil the taste and feel of the chocolate.

5 comments:
  1. Deepa said...

    hey the brownies look so yummm..I wish I would have been your neighbor..would have invited myself :P..too good.


  2. Very tempting and love the nuts addition


  3. The Shaolin said...

    I had a serving yesterday and I don't know what Sheetal put in it, but I was so charged up I couldn't sleep till 3am in the morning! So yummy it was! Thanks for sharing Sheetal, simply loved it!


  4. Ajoy Nandi said...

    @AT -- hahaha that was indeed funny. Though Havent noticed it :)


  5. Deepa, Thanks, wish i had known few neighbors to invite and show around a bit :)

    Madhuri, thanks :)

    Atul, haha that means you should have them instead of morning coffee :)

    Ajoy, you got use to it i think :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails