Right now we get so many variety of berries out here that I thought it would be a good idea to try out this cake.
3 Cups Maida
4 Spoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Milk
2 Cup Rasberry
2 Cup Blue Berry
3/4 Cup Black Berry
Salt to taste
- Mix the butter and sugar with the handheld mixer.
- Add Egg and mix again till thick and smooth paste
- Sieve the maida, baking powder and salt together.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Add the maida-baking powder mixture in to the egg-butter-sugar mixture with constant mixing using handheld mixer
- When the complete maida and baking powder mixture is mixed it would be quite thick. Add milk and mix well
- Add all the berries (used whole berries except for stawberries which i chopped in to four pieces as they were big ones) and mix with a spatula
- Grease the baking pan and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350F/180C
I used powdered sugar so that it can dissolve in quickly.
Also I used the fresh fruits directly from fridge so that they dont over cook.
You can also use frozen berries available in the market. I might try freezing the fresh berries and using them unthawed next time.
Also I used salted butter and added salt to so it tasted little extra salt. So if you are using salted butter dont use salt or vice-a-versa.