I was thinking about something new yet simple for dinner yesterday. I thought of parathas as ajoy loves it.. But then I didnt want to cook something that we always eat.. So came up with this idea. Turned quite nice.
2 Cup Grated Carrots
2.5 Cup Wheat Flour
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
3/4 Spoon Corriander Powder
1/4 Spoon Carom Seeds
Salt to taste
- Mix wheat flour, salt to taste and 2 spoons of oil.
- Add water to it and make the dough. It shouldnt be too loose or too tight.
- Add another couple of spoon of oil and knead well and keep aside for half an hour atleast.
- Cook potatoes in the pressure cooker and let them cool
- Mash the potatoes and mix with carrots
- Add red chilli powder, salt, corriander powder, carom seeds and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Prepare the balls of small lemon size out of this mixture
- Make same size balls from the dough and prepare the cup shape.
- Stuff the carrot ball in the cup shape dough and close the ball. Roll the paratha
- On medium flame, heat the tawa and cook the paratha from both sides till brown. Spread few drops of oil while its cooking.
- When completely done apply few drops of ghee and serve with pickle and/or curd
I prefer to use only few drops of ghee at the end of cooking of paratha but if you like you can fry them in ghee itself.