Almost a month back I got the big pineapple from costco. I just remembered mom's pineapple muramba and thought of giving it a shot. Called up mom and asked for recipe.. And it turned out that it was quite easy to make it and hence prepared that night immediately :)
5 Cups Fresh cut Pineapple
3 Cup Water
1.5 Cup Sugar
- Mix pineapple pieces with water such that it barely submerges pineapple
- Cook the mixture over medium flame keeping a lid till pineapple are cooked.
- Strain the mixture and separate out pineapple and water
- In same water mix the sugar and bring to boil
- With constant stirring keep heating water over medium flame till it becomes 1 string consistency syrup
- Now add pineapple pieces and boil once again
- Let it cool down and refrigerate in the fridge
The muramba needs to be stored in fridge and it would stay for few months.
Good side dish to eat with chappati/paratha
I dont like too much of sugar syrup and hence the above recipe gives very less sugar syrup mixed pineapple muramba.. If you like you can add another cup of water + 1/2 cup of sugar to get traditional version which has more liquid