Ajoy loves gobi so we always have it at home. This time I thought of trying something different that the usual preparations and end up preparing this dish
1/2 Spoon Mustard
1 Spoon Jeera
1 Spoon Jeera Powder
1 Spoon Corriander Powder
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Garam Masala
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 Spoon Powdered Sugar
Corriander Leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in cubic shapes
- Separate out the florets of medium size from the gobi
- Heat oil in a pan and let the mustard and Jeera splutter in the oil.
- Add potato pieces and gobi florets in the oil and cook on medium flame with constant stirring.
- After 5 minutes add turmeric powder and keep cooking
- When the potato and gobi is almost done, add corriander powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, powdered sugar and salt. Mix well and cook till completely done
- Garnish with finely chopped corriander leaves
This simple dish gives different flavour than the tomato gravy kind of gobi preparation. The vegetable is quite dry and goes well with phulkas or parathas.