Sheetal Kamat

When I was in bangalore I started my cooking experiments with ready made masalas (not ready to eats :D). Now I have started using my own masalas (to be precised my mom made :D) for almost everything. But there is this one recipe which I still prefer and love with MTR Pulav masala.. It tastes awesome :) Over a period, I have made some changes compared to what the pack mentions it and here it is.

Pulav
Ingredients
6 Cups of cooked rice
1 finely chopped onion
2 spoons of MTR Pulav Masala
1 spoon garlic-ginger paste
1/4 cup boiled muttor
4-5 spoons ground nuts
4-5 cashews
4 spoons ghee
Salt to taste

Method
  • Keep 3 spoons of ghee in a pan for heating
  • Add onion and groundnuts
  • When groundnuts are half done add in cashews and garlic ginger paste
  • When cashews turn brown add in pulav masala and let it cook for 1 min
  • Add cooked rice and muttor and mix well
  • Put in remaining 1 spoon of ghee on the pulav and place lid on the pan and let it cook on low flame for 2 min.
  • Add salt, mix pulav well and again let it cook for 2-3 min

Notes
Add cashews later than groundnuts so that they don't burn as cashews turn brown faster than groundnuts.
Using Basamati rice gives nice aroma and taste to the Pulav

3 comments:
  1. Ajoy Nandi said...

    post the nutty rice thing also :)


  2. Yeah plan to .. When i prepare :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails