When I was in bangalore I started my cooking experiments with ready made masalas (not ready to eats :D). Now I have started using my own masalas (to be precised my mom made :D) for almost everything. But there is this one recipe which I still prefer and love with MTR Pulav masala.. It tastes awesome :) Over a period, I have made some changes compared to what the pack mentions it and here it is.
6 Cups of cooked rice
1 finely chopped onion
2 spoons of MTR Pulav Masala
1 spoon garlic-ginger paste
1/4 cup boiled muttor
4-5 spoons ground nuts
4 spoons ghee
Salt to taste
- Keep 3 spoons of ghee in a pan for heating
- Add onion and groundnuts
- When groundnuts are half done add in cashews and garlic ginger paste
- When cashews turn brown add in pulav masala and let it cook for 1 min
- Add cooked rice and muttor and mix well
- Put in remaining 1 spoon of ghee on the pulav and place lid on the pan and let it cook on low flame for 2 min.
- Add salt, mix pulav well and again let it cook for 2-3 min
Add cashews later than groundnuts so that they don't burn as cashews turn brown faster than groundnuts.
Using Basamati rice gives nice aroma and taste to the Pulav