I had made these when mom dad were around but they weren't perfect especially they were little on drier side. So this time I made little bit change in quantities and they come out perfect. I frosted them with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
2.5 Cup Maida
1/4 Spoon Coca Powder
1/4 Spoon Baking Soda
1/4 Spoon Salt
1.5 Cup Sugar
1.5 Cup Oil
2 Spoon Curd
1 Spoon Liquid Red Food Color
1/4 Spoon Vinegar
1/4 Spoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- Sieve Maida and Coca Powder in a bowl
- Mix in baking soda, salt and sugar in it
- In separate bowl add in egg, oil, red food color, vanilla essence and vinegar.
- In a cup add in the curd and fill it with water. Mix well with the fork and add it to the wet mixture (oil-egg mixture)
- Beat the mixture on low speed till smooth
- Add in sieved dry mixture of maida-coca powder a cup at a time and beat slowly till it accommodates in the mixture.
- Line the cupcake pan with the paper cups. Divide the mixture in 12 cups.
- Bake the cake on 350F/175C for 22 minutes
I normally turn around the cupcakes after 70% of baking time in this case around 15 minutes. It helps in even baking of the cakes.