Ajoy likes to eat french fries once in a while. We get those frozen ones and fry them as and when needed all the time. But i had been thinking of making them at home given that they are so simple. Always read about freezing them and keeping them cool before actually frying adding to the preparation time which off course i never had, given a sudden demand of french fries :) So last Saturday i decided to try them without refrigeration and all and worked out fine. So here is the quickest french fries recipe.
Salt to taste
- Peel of the potatoes and cut them in small rectangular pieces.
- Keep them under running water and wash them thoroughly till the water is clear.
- Keep them in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Take it out of water and spread them on kitchen towel so that they are dry.
- Heat oil and fry them till light golden in color. Spread on kitchen towel
- Just before eating, fry the fries again till golden brown in color.
- Spread on kitchen towel, sprinkle salt and serve.
If you are making them for party, you could fry the fries for the first time and then store them in refrigerator. Fry them second time just before serving.
Two times frying is necessary as it helps in taking out moisture, cooking the potato and then making it crisp.