Yet another attempt to make Ajoy eat Spinach without making faces ;-) Well to be honest though he doesn't like it he doesn't make faces, its me who does that :) :) Here I tried to combine his well known affinity towards paratha yet trying to be different by making it as stuffing.
3 Cups Wheat Flour
6 Cup Spinach Leaves
1/2 Spoon Jeera
1/4 Spoon Mustard Seeds
A Pinch of Asafoetida
1 Spoon Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Spoon Garam Masala
Salt to taste
- In a plate, mix wheat flour, a spoonful of oil and salt.
- Add water and knead a soft dough. Keep aside for 30-40 minutes
- Pressure cook the potatoes and keep them aside
- In a pan heat a spoonful of oil and let jeera and mustard splutter in it.
- Add Asafoetida and then spinach
- Keep stirring and after it leaves water from it add red chilli powder, garam masala and salt to taste
- Cook with constant stirring till water evaporates. Keep aside for cooling
- In a mixie, grind the spinach and then mix it with the grated potatoes.
- Prepare the balls of small lemon size out of this mixture
- Make same size balls from the dough and prepare the cup shape.
- Stuff the spinach ball in the cup shape dough and close the ball. Roll the paratha
- On medium flame, heat the tawa and cook the paratha from both sides till brown. Spread few drops of oil while its cooking.
- When completely done apply few drops of ghee and serve with pickle and/or curd
I didnt want to use lots of masalas or corriander(my another trick to make ajoy like the disk;-)) so that I can still retain a bit of spinach taste. Instead I used potatoes that helped in reducing the intensity of the spinach taste :)