Sheetal Kamat

Chicken Satay is one of our favorite stater in Thai cuisine. So this time when we got the chicken from costco, I decided to give this a try. I had made this earlier but it was over even before I could click photo :) So now this time I made sure we click photos before making the strike.

Chicken Satay
Ingredients
400g Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Spoon Brown Sugar
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Spoon Corriander Powder
1 Spoon Jeera Powder
1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
1 Spoon Black Pepper Powder
2 Spoon Oil
2 Spoon Soya Sauce
2 Spoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Milk
Salt to taste

Method
  • Make thin and rectangular slices of the chicken
  • Add brown sugar, garlic cloves, corriander powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, oil, soya sauce, lemon juice and salt and mix well. Keep aside in refrigerator for 4 hours
  • After 4 hours, attach the strips of chicken on to scewer sticks, 2 pieces on one stick.
  • Bast the chicken with the milk.
  • Heat a non stick pan and cook the chicken with scewers on medium flame by flipping them over continuously every 2-3 minutes till done.

Notes
I read in lot many recipes to add fish sauce to the marination, but I investigated a bit and found that it is some what salty liquid and usually used instead of salt. Hence instead of going to asian shop for fish sauce I used normal table salt instead.

2 comments:
  1. Unknown said...

    In your method for the receipe of Chicken Satay you metioned "After 4 years, attach the strips of chicken on to scewer sticks".I think 4 years is a very long time for marination.... hahhahah ... please correct it....

    Thanks for the wonderful receipes..I keep visiting your blog on regular basis...


  2. haha.. silly typo :)

    Thank you so much.


Related Posts with Thumbnails